As a travel connoisseur, the world is your back yard. Traveling can be lots of fun; there are so many things to explore and try out. Your options are endless. Every one thinks it takes lots of money to travel, sure it can be costly at times but it doesn’t have to be. Unfortunly not every person can afford staying in a 5-star hotel, Wine & Dine and shop all day. That’s ok, you too can experience the traveling world right here in your own back yard.
Get Chic Maxi Dresses for Under $50 at FashionMia.
Just 20 mins North of NYC, Rockland County is a place filled with lots of activities.You just need to know where to look. As a Rockland native my backyard is filled with everyday adventures. So many people are quick to leave home, go out-of-town; that they never stop to realize their home town has a lot to offer.
Here a list of some activities in my area:
- Movie Theater:
- Recreational Activies:
- Harriman State Park
- Largest beach in Harriman with its half-mile long sandy beach in the wooded hills of the Ramapo Mountains, offers swimming, fishing, boating, picnicking, hiking, camping at adjacent Beaver Pond Campground,snowmobiling, skating and ice fishing
- Bear Mountain State Park
- Fishing, picnicking, swimming, boating, ball fields, basketball courts, hiking paths, bike trails (starting at Dunderberg Mountain and traveling South), ice skating, sledding, cross-country ski trails, Trailside Museum/Zoo, Lodge/Inn.
- Rockland Lake State Park
- 3.2 mile paved path around lake for walking, jogging, biking or rollerblading, two golf courses (par 3 and par 5), swimming pools, tennis courts, picnic facilities, boating, fishing and nature center.
- Congers Lake Memorial Park
- Swimming, refreshment stand, community center, all-purpose rooms, ball fields, courts for tennis, handball, basketball, bocce ball, shuffleboard, ice skating and gymnasium.
- Nyack Memorial Park
- On the shores of the Hudson River and within walking distance from the downtown Nyack area, with children’s playground, tennis courts, butterfly garden, small watercraft launch and skate park.
- Bowline Park
- An Olympic size pool with a diving well and wading area, two water slides, a newly re-designed toddler pool, a toddler playground, a handicap accessible water spray area, a handicap accessible playground, one refurbished tennis court, regulation size volleyball courts, walking paths and a fishing pier with a spectacular river view. There are also numerous picnic tables and grills throughout the park for picnics and a covered pavilion and gazebos for parties
- Harriman State Park
Coming Soon …. KICK IT WIT JENN10 VLOG EDITION.